CSMS Home Page
Contact the Webmaster
Band is a 'performance' class, where one of the key goals is to give students the experience of performing before an audience, and to teach them the practice habits and mental preparation needed to perform. All students will participate in some performances, and specific groups may have numerous performances at different venues during the band year.
- Beginning Band
- This is an ensemble of students who have little or no knowledge of music and musical instruments.
This class teaches students how to read, understand, and demonstrate musical concepts. This class is fun
for everyone at an introductory level.
- Symphonic Band
- This is an ensemble of students who have at least one year of experience playing an instrument.
This class reads more musical literature, and covers more advanced musical concepts.
- Wind Ensemble
- This ensemble is for those who are dedicated to music and want something more than what is offered
in the classroom setting. This group will be the premier group representing Coral Springs Middle in
performances in Broward County and beyond.
- Jazz Band
- This is a small ensemble of five saxophones, five trombones, five trumpets, a piano, a drum set, a guitar,
and a stand-up bass. This is for those who are dedicated to music and want something more than what is
offered in the classroom setting.
- Marching Band
- This is a performing ensemble that participates at football games, pep rallies, and parades. All music for
this group will be taught in the advanced band class, and those who would like to attend are encouraged to
participate in this extracurricular ensemble.